In the coming days, if you’re driving I-94 between Maple Grove and Albertville, you are going to see changes, as long-term lane shifts and ramp closures will start taking effect as early as Monday (April 12).
Here is a breakdown of what you need to know:
ST. MICHAEL TO ALBERTVILLE
MAPLE GROVE TO ROGERS
- On the evening of Monday, April 19, westbound lanes between the I-94/494/694 interchange in Maple Grove and Highway 241 in St. Michael will be separated.
- Motorists will need to decide which lane to take before the I-94/494/694 interchange.
- The left lane will be a through lane with no on-/off access to local roads until Highway. 241.
- The two right lanes will provide local access to exits at Weaver Lake Road, Maple Grove Parkway, Highway 101 and Highway 241.
- A barrier will separate the two access lanes from the single through lane.
- The lane configuration will have three lanes of traffic on both eastbound and westbound I-94 during the day, but expect intermittent nighttime lane closures.
- Lane shifts will be in place until September.
To see a YouTube video dealing with an overview of traffic impacts and the work expected to be completed on the project during this construction season, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pMdEI8QvGI
To see an updated overview of the full 39-mile project from Maple Grove the Clearwater, click here: http://www.dot.state.mn.us/i94-mg-clearwater/index.html?utm_content=&utm_medium=email&utm_name=&utm_source=govdelivery&utm_term=