This afternoon Governor Walz extended the “Stay at Home order (EO 20-20)” and EO 20-04 (Public Accommodations) to expire on May 4, 2020. As a department we have been preparing for many different scenarios over the past few weeks and we were prepared for this extension and how it could possibly impact us. Below are some updates to our operational response that was posted on March 16, 2020.
• Parks & Trails will remain open during this period of time and we ask that you maintain the six-foot social distancing guideline set by the CDC.
• The recommendation to not use playgrounds, picnic tables and other shared surfaces and gathering spaces is still in effect.
• All programs, events, and meetings at Parks & Recreation facilities have been cancelled through May 7, 2020.
• No new facility reservations through May 7, 2020. This includes campground and shelter reservations.
• The opening of Schroeder Park & Campground and Collinwood Park & Campground have been delayed until Thursday, May 7, 2020. If you have a reservation between the dates of Friday, May 1 and Wednesday, May 6 you will be issued a full refund including the $5 reservation fee.
• Restroom facilities at Bertram Chain of Lakes Regional Park, Beebe Lake County Park, Clearwater/Pleasant County Park, and Otsego County Park will not open until Thursday, May 7, 2020.
• All public beaches are recommended not to be used from now, April 8, 2020 through Wednesday, May 6, 2020.
We know that this is uncharted waters for everyone and as a department we want to provide the exceptional service and spaces that you are accustomed to so we thank you for your patience and flexibility through these times. If you have reservation at one of our campgrounds or parks that will be impacted by the extension of the EO’s 20-20 and 20-04 we will be reaching out to you to confirm refunds. You may contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone at either 763-682-7894 or 763-682-7693. If you call it may take us a day or two to get back to you so please bear with us and we apologize for any delays in advance.
We will continue to monitor the situation and if there are any new executive orders that are issued by Governor Walz that impact our operations we will let you know as soon as we can. Thank you for your support and understanding as we navigate these waters. Stay safe and stay healthy.