On September 17, 2019 the Wright County Board of Commissioners adopted the Long-Range Transportation Plan (LRTP), a document that will prepare the County’s transportation system for continued growth and corresponding travel needs over the next 20+ years.
The Wright County 2040 Long-Range Transportation Plan identified issues into specific, actionable initiatives and strategies.
The development of the LRTP was guided by a Stakeholders Committee and other key study partners, cities, townships, and the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT). Important plan elements include:
· Assessment of existing conditions and identification of critical needs.
· Establishment of long-term goals, objectives, and performance measures.
· Preparation of 25-year traffic forecasts.
· A future system planning analysis that proposes roadway improvements, and functional classification changes, as part of a 20+ year multimodal transportation system.
· Preparation of plan implementation strategies and funding opportunities to advance recommended system improvements.
Please visit our website at http://www.co.wright.mn.us/923/Long-Range-Transportation-Plan to read more about the Long Range Transportation Plan..
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please call 763-682-7383 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday – Friday.