Student Clinicals and Internships
Wright County Public Health accepts a limited number of students for clinical or internship experiences throughout the year.
Please read the Guidelines for Student Clinical/Internship Requests for additional information.
- At least 2 years toward a bachelor’s or higher level academic degree in Public Health, Community Health, Health Education, Health Promotion, Nutrition/Food Science, or related area
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with a variety of general health promotion efforts in Wright County, which may include:
- Substance use prevention, mental well-being, injury prevention, emergency preparedness, etc.
- Planning and implementing physical activity and healthy eating opportunities in schools, workplaces, and communities
- Assist with environmental health programs and chronic disease prevention programs.
- Design and create promotional materials for various public health programs
- Comply with the Minnesota Data Privacy Act and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of public health principles, programs, and practices
- General knowledge of health promotion
- Ability to speak and present publicly
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff, community, and professional groups
- Ability to exercise tact, judgment, and initiative
- Ability to work independently and set own work priorities
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to monitor, record, and report progress and results of program activity
- Ability to perform computer and program related software
Work is performed in a County office building and in the community. Lifting requirement up to 20 pounds on an occasional basis. Types of equipment used may include, but are not limited to, personal computer, telephone, fax machine and other general office equipment. Having reliable transportation is recommended as you may have to use your personal vehicle for transportation to events, meetings, conference, etc.
The examination/selection process for this classification will consist of a rating of your training and experience from the application materials submitted. Priority will be given to candidates that reside in Wright County. Wright County is an equal opportunity employer.