Adult Foster Care Provider Corner
- The license holder must maintain documentation of background studies initiated for the program
Adult Foster Care New Caregiver Checklist (for sites without 245D-HCBS license)
- This document outlines the requirements which need to be met for a new caregiver to provide direct contact services in a licensed AFC home
- AFC providers may use this document or similar documentation to ensure that all AFC Rule and Statute requirements have been completed prior to allowing a new caregiver to provide direct contact services to AFC residents
- MN Statute 245A.155 provides the definition of "qualified source"
Training Log (for sites without 245D-HCBS license)
- Caregivers with 0-5 years of licensure / experience are required to complete 12 hours of training annually
- Caregivers with 6+ years of licensure / experience are required to complete 6 hours annually
- Annual training on the Vulnerable Adult Act is required by MN Statute 245A.65
- Complete the online competency test and follow instructions to obtain a certificate of completion
- All license holders and caregivers must receive a score of 80% or higher to be considered adequately trained on the Vulnerable Adults Act
- Maintain annual certificates with the license holder and caregivers' training logs
Licensing Rule Checklist - Family or Corporate w/out 245D
Licensing Rule Checklist - Family w/ 245D
Licensing Rule Checklist - Corporate w/ 245D
Foster Provider Liability Coverage
- Coverage through Minnesota Joint Underwriting Association, call 800-552-0013
- All foster care providers in the State of Minnesota licensed by the Department of Human Services, Department of Corrections, approved by a tribal government or a court, and foster clients are automatically covered by the policy
- Adult foster care providers must also live in the home with the clients and be the primary care giver
Schedule II Controlled Substances
- Schedule II controlled substances must be stored in a locked area.
- Publication 17 contains tax information regarding certain foster care payments.