The Wright County Auditor-Treasurer's Office is an Acceptance Facility for First-Time Applicants and Children (non-renewals)
Renew a Passport
The U.S. Department of State Passport Services requires you to renew your passport by mail if it meets eligibility requirements. If your passport is eligible for renewal by mail, you cannot renew it at our office.
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM. No appointment necessary.
To ensure service, you must have required documentation and be at the counter 30 minutes prior to closing. Please allow 15 - 20 minutes per individual application for processing time.
New Application Requirements
To receive a new passport or replace a lost or damaged passport, you must come in person to our office and bring the following:
- Completed DS-11 Passport Application Form print (Single-Sided) and complete (in Black ink). Forms are also available in our office.
- Passport Fees - United States Passport Fees (see payment options below)
- Applicant's Social Security number
- Proof of citizenship (For a complete list of acceptable proof, visit the U.S. Department of State)
- Proof of identity (For a complete list of acceptable proof, visit the U.S. Department of State)
- Photocopies of Citizenship Proof and ID (front and back)
- Passport photo - one 2 inch by 2 inch color photo with a solid white background. Photos available at Wright County Recorder's Office (see payment options for further information)
- Both parents must be present when submitting an application for a minor under the age of 16 and have a valid ID such as a driver's license or passport. A minor under the age of 16 that has previously had a US Passport must submit the certified birth certificate and passport when application is made to renew a passport. Applicants ages 16 and 17 must have one parent present to sign the application and show a valid ID.
Important: Hospital birth certificates and baptismal certificates are not acceptable
Payment 1: The Application Fee, Expedite Fee and Overnight Delivery Fee must be in the form of a check or money order made payable to "U.S. Department of State". A separate check or money order is required for each application.
Payment 2: The Execution Fee of $35.00 per passport application may be paid with cash, check, money order, debit or credit card* - made payable to "Wright County Auditor-Treasurer".
*Additional fees apply when paying with a credit card.
Please Note: If purchasing a passport photo or certified birth certificate from the Wright County Recorder's Office, you will need to have a separate payment for those transactions and they may be paid with cash, check or money order.
All returned checks payable to Wright County Auditor-Treasurer's Office are subject to a $30.00 charge.
Checking Application Status
Passports are processed and issued by the U.S. Department of State. Visit their website for current processing times.
If you have already applied and would like to check the status of your application, call the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 or TDD/TTY at 1-888-874-7793 or visit their website at U.S. Department of State.
Minneapolis Passport Agency (IF travel is less than 3 weeks away contact this agency)
To apply at the agency, you must schedule an appointment by calling toll free at 1-877-487-2778, open 24 hours/day. When you make the appointment you must let them know you are planning on applying at the Minneapolis Passport Agency.
For additional travel and updated information visit: www.travel.state.gov
For information on the Real ID Act, please visit the U.S. Department of Homeland Security website.