A message to parents from Wright County School Districts
Wright County school districts are anticipating a dramatic increase in traffic levels in and around the schools’ properties as many more families are choosing to self-transport their children as schools in the county re-open. Those not traveling to the school property are urged to avoid (if possible) the roadways in front of the schools during the drop-off and pick-up times due to more congestion than is typical. Please make plans for an alternate route and pay special attention to pedestrians and crosswalks, which will also likely have higher volume than usual. We are asking all parents and residents to review their district’s policies and procedures for their buildings plans.
To help during this time we ask that you:
- Follow the designated routes entering and exiting the parking lots.
- Please be patient. The increase in traffic may cause the lines to be longer than normal.
- Do not pass illegally on the right of stopped traffic if the road is not designed with a bypass lane.
- Please make the Drop Off process as quick as possible. Have your child ready to exit prior to reaching the Drop Off point to avoid holding up the line.
- Pull up as directed and have your child exit the vehicle quickly.
- During end-of-day pickup, follow the same rules as the Drop Off procedures. Follow the directions of staff and pick your child up as quickly as possible to keep traffic flowing.
- If there are questions particular process of your school, please contact your school district office for their specific instructions
The safety of the students and staff is the top priority of all of us as we start the 2020-21 school year with new mandates and directives that have been put in place as we continue to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic. We appreciate your patience, understanding and assistance in making these processes as safe and efficient as possible.