To Notarize in Wright County, you must first apply for a notary with the Minnesota Secretary of State, and then file your commission at the Wright County Auditor/Treasurer's Office.
File your commission
• Be a Wright County resident
• Have been approved and received your commission from the Minnesota Secretary of State
How to File
• Bring either the Notary commission certificate you received or the version you printed out
• $20.00 fee
• Driver's license or State ID card to the Wright County Auditor/Treasurer's office.
If you have an old notary public commission certificate (sample), print and use this Certificate of filing notary commission form.
If you have a new notary public commission certificate (sample), print and use this Certificate of filing notary commission form.
• Make a copy of the form with your card on it.
• Sign the original form and copy form (in front of a notary) in the designated locations twice.
o Signature matching name on Notary commission certificate
o Customary (normal/usual) signature
• Have your signatures on the Notary commission filing form notarized.
• Include a self-addressed stamped #10 envelope for the return of the filed Notary
• Include $20.00 fee
• Mail your original copy with signatures and check to:
Wright County Auditor/Treasurer's Office
10 2nd St NW Room 230
Buffalo MN 55313
• $20.00 - We accept cash and check. Please make check payable to Wright County Treasurer.
• You must register and file your commission in your county-of-residence.
• When notarizing, your signature must be consistent with the one on file in Wright County.
• Request a commission card or login and print your certificate on the Minnesota Secretary of State Notary Public website.
Apply to become a notary with the Minnesota Secretary of State
A notary certificate authenticates and validates a notary public's signature. It is not the same as an apostille or secretarial certificate which are available through the Minnesota Secretary of State.
What do I need to know?
• A notary certificate can only be issued if the notary commission filing was done in Wright County.
• You must present the document needing verification at the time of your request.
• $10 per document
Please contact the Wright County Auditor/Treasurer's Office at 763-682-7590 with any questions.