Becoming a Provider

Steps to Becoming a Provider
  1. Contact the licensing worker with any questions, otherwise complete and submit Step 1 paperwork.
  2. The licensing social worker will contact you regarding the submitted paperwork and to set up a home visit.
When all paperwork and training is complete, the licensing social worker will visit your home to learn more about your family and ensure that your home meets safety requirements for Adult Foster Care.

Please Note
  • The average time for completion of the licensing process is 90-120 days.
  • Recommendations are made to the state within 20 days of a completed application.
  • As part of the licensing process, you will learn about the Wright County Adult Foster Care program, licensing requirements, and how vulnerable adults enter into Adult Foster Care.
  • This process also involves gathering information about you, your family, and your home. Through the licensing process, we are able to identify the skills and strengths you bring to the foster care program and ensure standard licensing requirements are met.
  • Individual orientation for Adult Foster Care licensure is provided by the licensor during the initial home visit(s).
  1. Step 1 - Paperwork
  2. Step 2 - Paperwork
  3. Step 3 - Paperwork


  • To find out the municipality contact information required for page 5 of the application, please see the City Officials  or Township Officers lists of government officials in Wright County 

Background Studies

  • Background Studies must be completed for all members 13 and older. Licensor will discuss the process when the application is received            

Fire Marshal Fee Instructions

Privacy Rights Notice

Social Family History

  • Each license applicant must complete and return to licensing

Social Family History of Household Members

  • Each household member (not the license applicant(s)) must complete and return to licensing 

More Information

If you live in Wright County, please contact the licensor by email. If you do not live in Wright County, please contact your local county social services department, contact information for Minnesota counties is available.