COVID-19 SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic the Sheriff’s Office will be implementing the following procedures beginning Saturday, March 28th. These procedures have been put in place to protect the public, inmates, as well as Sheriff’s Office staff. The following procedures will remain in place until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but appreciate your understanding of the importance of these temporary procedures and look forward to continuing our service to you.
1. Sheriff’s Office lobby will be closed to the public except by appointment only. To make an appointment, please contact the Sheriff’s Administration line 763-682-7622 or email the Sheriff’s Office general email account firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Permit to purchase firearm applications can be found on the Sheriff’s Office web page and can be completed along with a copy of your current drivers license and sent to the Sheriff’s Office general email email@example.com
or mailed to our Office at 3800 Braddock Ave NE, Buffalo, MN 55313.
3. Permit to carry applications must still be submitted in person and can be done at the Sheriff’s Office by appointment. Please contact the Sheriff’s Office Administration line 763-682-7622 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
4. To pick up property from our Property / Evidence room please call the following numbers:
763-682-7680 or 763-684-2363
5. Please see the following link for special instructions concerning jail visitation and instructions specific to the Wright County Jail. http://www.co.wright.mn.us/DocumentCenter/View/19100/New-Visiting-Rules
6. For questions regarding civil process please contact Sgt. Endreson at 763-682-7646.
7. For records requests please contact our records division at either
763-682-7630 or 763-684-4535
If you have any questions at all please contact us:
Sheriff’s Office Administration: 763-682-7622
Jail Administration: 763-684-2381
The Wright County Sheriff’s Office is the 3rd largest sheriff’s office in Minnesota. We provide law enforcement services to the unincorporated areas of the county and additionally contract police services with 13 cities. There are eleven divisions within the sheriff’s office: Administration, Bailiff, Civil Process, Communications, Community Services, Corrections, Criminal Investigations, Patrol, Recreational Enforcement, Special Investigation’s Unit (Narcotics), and Warrants / Transports.
Commitment To Service
Wright County’s location just west of the Twin City metropolitan area has contributed to its rapid growth in recent years. The Sheriff’s Office has continued to meet the challenge by providing quality, efficient, cost effective law enforcement services to the citizens of the county.
Our organization holds itself accountable to the guiding principles of integrity, professionalism, caring and fairness.
Sheriff's Office FAQ's
Wright County Citizen Alert System
We have launched a new Citizen Alert service that allows us to alert you. You opt-in to enter your contact information and subscribe to notifications you care about based on your location. The information you provide is protected and will not be used for any other purpose
How it works
When we issue a notification about a potential safety hazard or concern, you will receive a message on the voice or text communication methods that you have registered. If requested for the notification, you can confirm that you have received the message and you will not be contacted by any subsequent methods regarding that particular notification. If you do not confirm, the system will continue to attempt to reach you at all of the contact methods that you have provided.
Sign up for Notifications
Create an account and add your contact and location information into the Citizen’s Alert system. All information you provide will be kept strictly confidential.
Stop Receiving Notifications
You can stop receiving at any time by removing your contact information from your profile