Compost & Recycling Facility
The Wright County Compost and Recycling Facility will be establishing winter hours beginning on Tuesday, December 1st. The hours available for public drop-off of household hazardous waste, problem materials such as electronics, appliances and used tires, recyclables, and scrap metal will continue to be expanded on Tuesdays from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., the original Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and the 2nd Saturday of the month from 8:00 a.m. to noon.
In addition to our regular operating hours above, during November and December, the Wright County Compost Facility will have modified hours during these upcoming holiday season days:
Thursday, November 26, Thanksgiving Day - CLOSED
Thursday, December 24, Christmas Eve - OPEN 9:00 a.m. to 12 noon
Thursday, December 31, New Year's Eve - Open 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
The following guidelines still apply when visiting the facility and appointments can still be scheduled below.
1. Appointments are REQUIRED for hazardous materials. Schedule your appointment below.
2. Customers will need to unload themselves. Please bring help if needed.
3. Exact change will be required in the form of cash or check. Consult the Materials and Fees
sheet for current prices.
4. To prevent traffic delays, all hazardous and recycling materials must be presorted prior to
arriving on site.
5. Only yard waste and brush from homeowners will be accepted We are no longer accepting
waste from contractors or businesses.
We look forward to seeing you!
Schedule An Appointment for Drop-Off
Daily Household Hazardous Waste
The compost and recycling facility accepts household hazardous waste and recyclable materials from Wright County residents. Appointments are required for all household hazardous waste (HHW) and recyclables listed. Please use the on-line appointment scheduler below or call 763-682-7338 during office hours Monday - Friday to make an appointment. Appointments allow for the quickest and safest transfer of materials with the least wait time.
For a complete list of materials accepted and associated fees, please click here
Appointments are not required for :
- Curbside recyclables and scrap metal
- Tree branches and grass clippings, leaves, or garden waste
- Pick-up of shredded wood mulch and compost. Assistance with loading is available, if time allows.
If bringing materials that require a fee, we accept cash or check ONLY. Credit/debit card payments will NOT be accepted.
Household Hazardous Waste
- Aerosol cans
- Anti-freeze (if < 5 gallons)*
- Automobile fluids
- Household sharps/lancets
- Lighter fluid
- Oil filters (if < 10 filters)*
- Rechargeable batteries
- Used oil
- Aluminum/tin cans
- Child car seats
- Christmas string lights
- Clean cardboard
- Fluorescent bulbs*
- Glass food containers
- Major appliances*
- Propane cylinders*
- Scrap metal
- White rigid styrofoam
** $2.00/gallon if more than 30 gallons.