The Wright County Compost and Recycling Facility will be open to Self-Service Drive-Thru Drop-Off for hazardous materials and recycling on Tuesdays from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and the second Saturday of the Month from 8:00 a.m. to noon. Please follow the guidelines below when visiting the facility.
1. Appointments are REQUIRED for hazardous materials. Schedule your appointment below.
2. Customers will need to unload themselves. Please bring help if needed.
3. Exact change will be required in the form of cash or check. Consult the Materials and Fees
sheet for current prices.
4. To prevent traffic delays, all hazardous and recycling materials must be presorted prior to
arriving on site.
5. Only yard waste and brush from homeowners will be accepted We are no longer accepting
waste from contractors or businesses.
We look forward to seeing you!
Schedule An Appointment for Drop-Off
Daily Household Hazardous Waste
The compost and recycling facility accepts household hazardous waste and recyclable materials from Wright County residents. Appointments are required for all household hazardous waste (HHW) and recyclables listed. Please use the on-line appointment scheduler below or call 763-682-7338 during office hours Monday - Friday to make an appointment. Appointments allow for the quickest and safest transfer of materials with the least wait time.
For a complete list of materials accepted and associated fees, please click here
Appointments are not required for :
Curbside recyclables and scrap metal
Tree branches and grass clippings, leaves, or garden waste
Pick-up of shredded wood mulch and compost. Assistance with loading is available, if time allows.
If bringing materials that require a fee, we accept cash or check ONLY. Credit/debit card payments will NOT be accepted.
Household Hazardous Waste
Anti-freeze (if < 5 gallons)*
Oil filters (if < 10 filters)*
Child car seats
Christmas string lights
Glass food containers
White rigid styrofoam
* There is a fee for disposal of these items.
** $2.00/gallon if more than 30 gallons.